OpenStage SIP FAQ
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
In this OpenStage SIP you will find answers to frequently asked questions on the OpenStage SIP phone family, divided into various topics.
- 1 General
- 2 IP Basic
- 3 SIP
- 4 Local telephonebook
- 5 LDAP
- 6 Screen saver / Logo (Background picture)
- 7 Ringer Tones
- 8 OpenStage Manager
What documents are there for the OpenStage phones and where do I find them?
- All OpenStage phones are shipped with a printed document in multiple languages providing brief instruction regarding installation and operation. All the others are here on this Wiki.
How do I get an overview of the features of the OpenStage phones?
- You will get a quick overview of the features in the corresponding OpenStage datasheets, which you can alternatively view under http://www.siemens.de/hipath > Downloads > Data sheets.
How can I invoke a soft-Restart?
- Press buttons 1-4-7 at the same time
How can I monitor phones IP traffic e.g. for troubleshooting purposes?
- Best way, just configure your 2nd LAN-port (PC-port) as a mirror of the first one and trace phones IP/SIP traffic with a network tracer running on your PC.
How many Outlook contacts can be locally stored?
- Up to 1.000. It depends from the amount of MP3 ringer tones and screen saver slides. In total 8 MByte of user data are available.
What is the purpose of a LDAP template?
Screen saver / Logo (Background picture)
How can I put my own company logo or background picture on the phone?
- This can be download using ftp into the phone (local admin menu or Web based management). PNG and JPG formats are supported. The picture has to resized to 480 x 142 pixel.
Can I download my own pictures on the phone?
- Yes, this is possible. Best way doing this, is with the Phone Manager tool.
Which format is supported?
- OpenStage Manager allows to have each contact with an image, supporting:
- Just any picture format, preferable JPG.
- .png (Portable Network Graphic) image file format
- and resizing them automatically during import.
How many pictures are downloadable?
- It depends from memory usage for other user data (eg. telephonebook, ringer tones). As a rule 8 MByte user data space is available in total.
Can I download my own ringer melodies to the phone?
- Yes this is possible using the OpenStage Manager. The following formats are supported: wav, MP3 and midi. A selection of MP3 ringetones can be found here.
See OpenStage Manager homepage (under construction).