OpenStage SIP FAQ
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
In this OpenStage SIP you will find answers to frequently asked questions on the OpenStage SIP phone family, divided into various topics.
- 1 General
- 2 IP Basic
- 3 SIP
- 4 Local telephonebook
- 5 LDAP
- 6 Screen saver
- 7 OpenStage Manager
What documents are there for the OpenStage phones and where do I find them?
- All OpenStagephones are shipped with a printed document in multiple languages providing brief instruction regarding installation and operation.
How do I get an overview of the features of the OpenStage phones?
- You will get a quick overview of the features in the corresponding data sheet on the optiPoint 410/420 S phones, which you can alternatively view under http://www.siemens.de/hipath > Downloads > Data sheets.
How can I monitor phones IP traffic e.g. for troubleshooting purposes?
- Best way, just configure your 2nd LAN-port (PC-port) as a mirror of the first one and trace phones IP/SIP traffic with a network tracer running on your PC.
How many Outlook contacts can be locally stored?
- Up to 1.000
What is the purpose of a LDAP template?
Can I download my own pictures on the phone?
- Yes, this is possible. Best way doing this, is with the Phone Manager tool.
Which format is supported?
OpenStage Manager allows to have each contact with an image, supporting:
- Just any picture format, preferable JPG.
- .png (Portable Network Graphic) image file format
and resizing them automatically during import.
How many pictures are downloadable?
See OpenStage Manager homepage (under construction).