OpenScape Office LX/MX IT Integration
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
|OpenScape Office LX/MX|
|Released VoIP Provider|
|Open Source Software|
|Data Gathering Tool|
Integration in the customers environment is an important topic in the todays world of IP Voice/Data Communication. The following information will give an overview of collaboration with applications as well as additional considerations and hints regarding the SME platforms:
- Client Virtualization under Terminal Server environment
- Microsoft Exchange Integration
- LDAP interface for interworking with external directories
- OpenScape Office MX Teleworker Interaction with VPN Client
Continuously new customer scenarios are tested, released and included within administration.
- 1 Client Virtualization under Terminal Server environment
- 2 Microsoft Exchange Integration
- 3 Microsoft Small Business Server Integration
- 4 LDAP interface for interworking with external directories
- 5 OpenScape Office MX Teleworker Interaction with VPN Client
- 6 OpenScape Office LX suitable PC Hardware
Client Virtualization under Terminal Server environment
Descriptions about the OpenScape Office clients operation within Terminal Server environment can be found using the following link:
- OpenScape Office LX/MX Applications with Windows Terminal Server
- OpenScape Office LX/MX Applications with Citrix
Client logging cannot be disabled, but with these changes there shouldn't be any impact at the terminal/client environment:
Microsoft Exchange Integration
OpenScape Office supports groupware features like:
- Calendar Integration
- Public Folder Contacts search
- Send mails from OpenScape Office LX/MX to Microsoft Exchange Server
These features require a link between OpenScape Office server and a Microsoft Exchange Server. The documents, which contain the appropriate settings within MS Exchange and OpenScape Office can be found within the following link.
Microsoft Small Business Server Integration
OpenScape Office LX/MX supports integration with Microsofts Small Business Server. Integration depends stronly on Small Business Server and OpenScape Office variants and versions
The documents, which contain the versions and settings of MS Small Business Server and OpenScape Office can be found within the following link.
LDAP interface for interworking with external directories
The LDAP interface of OpenScape Office supports connection to directories in external databases via LDAP. The following link provides additional information about the configuration.
OpenScape Office MX Teleworker Interaction with VPN Client
OpenScape Office V2 or V3 Teleworker Interaction with Shrew Soft VPN Client
The following steps describe how to connect a Teleworker set in the OpenScape Office MX V2 or MX V3 system with the Shrew Soft VPN Client.
OpenScape Office LX suitable PC Hardware
Information regarding prerequisites, suitable PC systems and HW components can be found within the