HiPath TAPI 170 TSP
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
HiPath TAPI 170 is a Telephony Service Provider software, which enables Microsoft TAPI based software applications to control or monitor terminals connected to HiPath platforms.
- 1 Features
- 2 Software versions
- 3 TAPI 170 general configuration
- 4 Prerequisites / Requirements
- 5 Remarks / Limitations
- 6 Documentation
- 7 Software Delivery
- 8 Licensing
- 9 Feature description in detail
- 10 Contribution
- 11 External Links
- Third party TAPI service provider.
- Full compatibility with the latest Microsoft TAPI 2.2/3.0 standard.
- Designed to run on a Microsoft Windows 2000 / 2003 based network server.
- Telephone functionality available on every client PC via the TAPI 2.2/3.0 client/server architecture.
- No additional TSP client software required.
- Support of CSTA III protocol.
- Support of several physical interfaces.
- Permanent interface monitoring for high service reliability.
- Automatic garbage collection releases seized resources after time out.
- Developer Guide for TAPI implementation available.
HiPath TAPI 170 is a 3rd party TAPI Service Provider.
Latest Version (dated November 2007) is:
- HiPath TAPI 170 V2.0
This Version is fully compatibel with all previous versions. Compatibility comprises also the reuse of licenses.
TAPI 170 general configuration
The CTI Link between the HiPath TAPI 170 Server PC and the HiPath platform is logically done by the CSTA III protocol. No physical connection is required between computer and phone. Hipath Platform and the HiPath TAPI 170 PC are connected to an Ethernet based LAN with TCP/IP protocol. It can be operated in a single system or networked enviroment. For details look here.
For connection of the CTI Server (with TAPI 170) to a HiPpath 3000 platform the HG1500 module is required. HiPath 2000 platforms can be connected directly to LAN without any additional HW. Hipath 5000 PC is connected to the LAN but the CSP SW has to be installed before to offer the the CSTA III protocol.
Prerequisites / Requirements
- HiPath 2000 from V1.0
- HiPath 3300/3350 from V5.0
- HiPath 3500/3550 from V5.0
- HiPath 3700/3750 from V5.0
- HiPath 3800 from V5.0
- HiPath 5000 RSM from V5.0
- Analog phones
- optiPoint 500 family based on CorNet-TS or CorNet-IP
- optiPoint 410/420 family based on Cornet TS or IP
- OpenStage HFA family (HFA)
Not Supported phones
- Standard H.323 phones
In general the PC hardware equipment must meet the requirements of the Windows operating system. For each TAPI line configured 200 KB of additional RAM has to be provided.
CTI server operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (32 bit)
- Mirosoft Windows 2000 Terminal Server (from SP 4) (32 bit)
- Citrix Meta Frame (Feature Release 3, SP 3) (32 bit)
Client PC operation systems:
- Windows 2000 Professional (32 bit)
- Windows XP Professional (32 bit)
Remarks / Limitations
- Server PCs with multiple network interface cards or Load Balancing must not be used.
- Only 32 bit operating systems are allowed.
- Only Microsoft Windows clients are allowed.
- All client PCs and the server must be members of one and the same domain.
- LAN refer to the usage of Ethernet technology.
- The physical connection to HiPath 3000 is allowed only via HG 1500.
- The TAPI feature range depends on the underlying CSTA feature set
- HiPath platform monitor points are not exclusively for HiPath TAPI 170, but are available for all connected applications.
- Maximum numbers of monitor point depend on HiPath platform model
- Use of Hipath TAPI 170 in connection with HiPath 5000 CS always requires a HiPath 3000 as gateway.
- Terminal Server environment
- Terminal Server / Metaframe Server and HiPath TAPI 170 V2.0 have to be installed on the same server HW so that every user can only monitor his/her own line.
- In a Terminal Server Farm architecture, every server needs its own HiPath TAPI 170 V2.0.
- Licensing has to be done on every server separately - every line needs a separate license.
- The maximum number of HiPath TAPI 170 V2.0 instances is four.
- Operation with HiPath 5000 RSM and networked HiPath 3000 is not allowed.
The TAPI170 Developers guide is available on the product CD.
HiPath TAPI 170 software is shipped on a CD labelled "HiPath 3000 TAPI Service Provider Version 2.0" which is included in serveral order positions.
For service purposes the software can also be downloaded from the Software Supply Server of the manufacturer. software patches for dedicated problem corrections can be retrieved from the Knowledge Base within the Partner Portal (SEBA, login required) of the manufacturer (login required). Access to the two methods mentioned above is only granted by the manufacturer to registered partners on a contractual base.
Use of HiPath TAPI 170 requires a valid license per TAPI line. Without any valid license 3 TAPI lines can be used limited to 120 minutes for testing purpose. Afterwards the execution is blocked. The trial period can be activated again by restarting the computer. After licensing, the software automatically becomes a fully operable version.
Central License Server of the HiPath License Management (HLM) is used to generate the appropiate licenses keys in a file. The license file generated by CLS is copied into HiPath TAPI 170 TSP using its configuration menue. Afterwards the licenses can be assigned to the TAPI lines. CLA and CLM components of HLM are not reqiured.
Licenses for TAPI 170 V1.0 can be shifted to HiPath TAPI V2.0 using the CLS. Afterwards licenses can be expanded if necessary.
For compatibility reasons TAPI 170 V2.0 supports furtheron the dongle with the licenses of Hicom CTI TAPI 3P V2.0/V2.1.
Feature description in detail
HiPath TAPI 170 software provides in general the following features of the TAPI interface:
- Outgoing connection setup, incoming call acceptance, call cleardown
- Call status/caller ID display
- Call logging
- Call pickup (group), consultation hold, toggling, call transfer, conference
- Speed transfer, call redirect, call hold
- Tone dialing (DTMF) during call
- Call charge information
- Write to display
- Set/query hookswitch status
- Volume setting for handset, speaker and headset
- Lamp mode setting
- Dynamic line generation by the application
- Call center features:
- Query/set/cancel message waiting indicator
- Query/set/cancel call forwarding and do not disturb
- Additional information on forwarded/redirected/ transferred calls
- Playback of music on hold (MOH) and recorded announcements (RCA)
- Trunk and UCD monitoring
- Call status timer
- Unique caller ID (domain-wide)
- Call data exchange between TAPI applications (domain wide)
- Central call detail recording (CDR)
- Support for ACD proxy request handler
- Telephone data service (TDS)
Deviations can occur if the underlying CSTA III Interface of the HiPath Platform does not support some features