myPortal Smart is the PC desktop client for accessing the unified communication functions of the UC Smart solution within OpenScape Business.
Different skins are available to meet customer requirements regarding look and feel and handling.
myPortal Smart SW is part of OpenScape Business software package. It supports Apple MAC OS & MS Windows environments.
The following description refers to OpenScape Business V1R3. Deviations may occur for previous or subsequent versions of OpenScape Business
Besides convenient dialing aids myPortal Smart gives easiest access to all UC smart functions, such as
- Presence incl. status based call routing and announcements
- Favorites incl. presence visibility, call status and call pickup option
- Visual voicemail control
- Voicemail to email service
- CTI incl. ad hoc conferencing
- Directory access and instant search
- Call journal incl. reminder function
- Hotkey dialing
The user can be informed by e-mail if voice messages were received.
The UC Smart client configures itself to your desktop and is installable on all usual operating systems (Windows and Mac).
- OpenScape Business V1R1 or higher without UC Booster
- OpenStage HFA
- OpenStage SIP
- OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G/55G HFA
- OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G/55G SIP
- OpenStage T
- optiPoint 410 HFA
- optiPoint 420 HFA
- optiPoint 500
- Analog telephone
- OpenScape Personal Edition HFA
- OpenScape Business Cordless
- OpenScape Cordless IP
- optiPoint WL2 professional HFA
(Please note that only basic call CTI support is available when using SIP devices. myPortal Smart does not offer features like consultation, call transfer etc. in case of controlling a SIP device.)
Within the following the minimum HW requirements are shown. However, it should be noted that the operating system, groupware and any additional software components in use in the customer environment may require considerably more powerful hardware.
Windows Client PC
- 2 GHz CPU
- RAM: 2 GB (Microsoft Windows XP: 1 GB) (Microsoft Windows 2003 Server: 1 GB)
- 100 Mbps LAN
- XGA (1024x768) screen resolution, myPortal for Outlook: SVGA (800x600) screen resolution
MAC Client PC
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR RAM
Support for the UC Smart client for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server will end at the same time as the end of support for these products by Microsoft. The product will still be supported, but will no longer be tested in detail.
Desktop Operating Systems
Windows Client PCs
- Microsoft Windows 8 (not RT)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
MAC Client PCs
- Apple MAC OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
- Apple MAC OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
- Adobe AIR 3.6 for Windows / Mac OS X or later
A license is required for each user, who wants to use myPortal Smart.
Functional Boundaries and Limitations
Functional boundaries and limitation, which have to be considered for specific environments are described within the sales information, of the communication platform. The sales information is available within the Partner Portal of Unify.
The user manual can be downloaded from:
- Communication system via the Administration Portal
- Customer Support Portal of Unify within the Internet
- Partner Portal of Unify
myPortal Smart is part of OpenScape Business SW image.
The system administrator can download the installation files from the Download Center of the communication system and can provide them to the users afterward by appropriate means. myPortal Smart software updates are deployed automatically to client PCs
A license is required for every user for the operation of myPoprtal Smart.
For more details about licenses and license handling see also the sales information of the specific communication platform, which is available within the Partner Portal of Unify