How can I contribute to this Wiki?
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Create a User Account
You have to create a user account to be able to edit articles in this Wiki – that’s all. During the creation of the user account you have to specify a valid email address (this will not be published). Follow these steps to create your own user account:
- Click on login / create account in the upper right corner of the page.
- In the form displayed, click on the link Create an account.
- Enter a nickname into the Username field. This nickname will be displayed in the user list, and will also be displayed on your screen in the top line as soon as you have logged in successfully.
- Enter a password into the Password field.
- Re-enter the password into the field Retype Password exactly as you spelled it before into the Password field.
- Enter a valid email address into the E-mail field; this email address will be used to send emails to you. Your user account will be activated after you received an email to the email address specified and clicked on the link contained in the email.
- If you want to, enter your real name (first name / last name) into the field Real name.
- Click on Create account.
- After a few minutes, retrieve your email for the email address specified.
- Once you have received an email from the Wiki asking you to confirm your user account, click on the link contained in the email.
If your account creation failed, e.g. because you did not get an email with the link to confirm it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about user rights, please refer to Wiki:Benutzerrechte.
Editing Your User Page
After the successful login you should first edit your own user page. Here you can introduce yourself, your work and main focus as well as describe your relation to this Wiki. Please take a bit of time for your user page – there are several good reasons:
- The user names of all registered users are displayed in the user list. Clicking on any of the names will take you to the user page of the particular user.
- Registered users can use the link history in the top navigation section to display all previously edited versions of any page. The list of edited versions shows for each version the user name of the user who saved this version. Clicking on any of the names will take you to the user page of the particular user.
- On discussion pages you can close your own comments using the character string --~~~~. The system will automatically replace this with your user name and the timestamp of your edits. Clicking on your user name will take other users to your user page.
For creating your own user page it might be helpful to have a look at other user pages!
As a registered user you can:
- create new articles,
- change or complement existing articles,
- edit discussion pages for articles.
To do so, you should be familiar with the editing rules as well as our policies and guidelines.
The following pages give you an introduction to the editing rules:
- How do I create an article?
- What should I mind when editing?
- How do I format my contents?
- How do I link to other contents or URLs?
- How do I add images and multimedia?
- What can happen to my contents?
Our most important policies and guidelines are explained on the following pages: